multiple select but ......php/mysql/html

Discussion in 'HTML' started by The Legend, Aug 7, 2005.

  1. The Legend

    The Legend Guest

    hello,

    Maybe someone can help me out with this one where i am stuck where i solve
    this in html or other code?

    html/php and mysql using in a html form:

    size=$b_fontsize>";?>WoonPlaats :</td>
    <?
    $result = mysql_query("select * from regio_nl order by rplaats");
    while ( $row = mysql_fetch_array($result))
    {
    $my_column = $row["rplaats"];
    /*echo "<option
    value=\"".$row[rplaats]."\">".$row['rplaats']."</option>";*/

    echo("<option value='$my_column'>$my_column</option>");
    }
    ?>

    i want the users to select the rplaats, display the selection but also put a
    connected variable (not displayed) from the query connected to rplaats into
    a variable parsing trough another page insert these variables into a table
    like this:

    $query = "INSERT INTO mb_advertentie (plaats, variable2) VALUES( '$plaats',
    '$variable2')";

    As i did not know where to post this, i did a Xposting if you dont mind.

    thanks in advance

    Ed
    The Legend, Aug 7, 2005