multiple select but ......php/mysql/html

The Legend

hello,

Maybe someone can help me out with this one where i am stuck where i solve
this in html or other code?

html/php and mysql using in a html form:

size=$b_fontsize>";?>WoonPlaats :</td>
<?
$result = mysql_query("select * from regio_nl order by rplaats");
while ( $row = mysql_fetch_array($result))
{
$my_column = $row["rplaats"];
/*echo "<option
value=\"".$row[rplaats]."\">".$row['rplaats']."</option>";*/

echo("<option value='$my_column'>$my_column</option>");
}
?>

i want the users to select the rplaats, display the selection but also put a
connected variable (not displayed) from the query connected to rplaats into
a variable parsing trough another page insert these variables into a table
like this:

$query = "INSERT INTO mb_advertentie (plaats, variable2) VALUES( '$plaats',
'$variable2')";

As i did not know where to post this, i did a Xposting if you dont mind.

thanks in advance

Ed