Multiple Selections

jjuan

I have a multiple dropdown which have multiple selection.

If I select multiple value on my multiple dropdown list and submit it,how
can i write it on the tblotherlang

sample code

<select size="10" name="ddmultiplelang" multiple>
<%

qryNCDesc = "SELECT MultiLanguageID, MultiLanguageDesc FROM tbllang"

Set rstNCDesc = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Recordset")
rstNCDesc.open qryNCDesc, cndpr
%>
<%
Do While NOT rstNCDesc.EOF
%>
<option
value="<%=rstNCDesc.Fields("MultiLanguageID").Value%>"><%=rstNCDesc.Fields("MultiLanguageDesc").Value%></option>
<%
rstNCDesc.MoveNext
Loop
%>

I have this three table:

tbllang

MultiLanguageID LanguageDesc
1 Filipino
2 English
3 Japanese

tblmain

NameID name language MultiLanguage
1 Joan Filipino a
2 Katrina English
3 Kristine Japanese a

tblotherlang

OtherLangID OthernameID othermultilaguange
1 1 2
2 1 3
3 3 1

How can i insert the value on tblotherlang.othernameID and
tblotherlang.othermultilanguage?

Please help!

THANKS

Mark J. McGinty

jjuan said:
[...]

Assuming that ddmultiplelang is contained in a form, the ASP script that
form posts to will receive the user selection as an array:

<select name=ddmultiplelang size=10 multiple>
<option value=1>English</option>
<option value=2>Filipino</option>
<option value=3>French</option>
<option value=4>German</option>
<option value=5>Japanese</option>
<option value=6>Russian</option>
<option value=7>Spanish</option>
<%
For i = 1 to Request.Form("ddmultiplelang").count
Response.Write Request.Form("ddmultiplelang")(i) & "<br>"
Next
%>

So, assuming you also provide the posted-to ASP with the id of the current
user, you'd need to insert a row for each element in the array.

-Mark