    database on server C, assuming each of server's A, B and C are on separate
    machines with separate URLs ?

    Thanks, Ike
    Ike, Nov 18, 2003

  2. Ike

    Jeff Guest

    If the applet is downloaded from server A, that applet can only
    make requests from server A. So you've got a problem trying
    to call server B from the applet. However, a servlet can access
    any other server. Servlet code runs on your server and is not
    restricted in where it can make connections.
    --
    Jeff
    jlar310 at yahoo

    Jeff, Nov 18, 2003

    > > If I have an applet, which is donwloaded to the local machine from

    server
    > > A, and calls a servlet on server B.....

    > If the applet is downloaded from server A, that applet can only
    > make requests from server A. So you've got a problem trying
    > to call server B from the applet.

    (Top-posting corrected)

    Signed applets can access servers other
    than the originator. A signed applet can
    break out of most of the limits usually
    placed on applets.

    --
    Andrew Thompson