Multiple sessions, how to kill only one

Mangler

I have 2 sessions that get created. One when the user logs in called
"uname" and another called "idrma" when that user choses to begin a
repair request. I know <%session.abandon%> will kill both sessions,
how to I only target one?

Mike Brind

Mangler said:
I have 2 sessions that get created. One when the user logs in called
"uname" and another called "idrma" when that user choses to begin a
repair request. I know <%session.abandon%> will kill both sessions,
how to I only target one?

You mean two session VARIABLES.

To create a session variable: Session("Uname") = "Some value"

To "kill" it: Session("Uname") = ""

Mike Brind

Yes. No. My method retains the session variable, but sets its value to an
empty string. Yours removes it altogether from the collection.

You can test the content/value of your session variables like this:

For each x in Session.Contents
Response.Write x & ": " & Session.Contents(x) & "<br />"
Next