Multithreading file IO

Ahmed Moustafa

Where can I find some reading materials regarding multithreading file IO?

Thanks in advance,

Michiel Konstapel

Where can I find some reading materials regarding multithreading file
IO?

As a certain sports articles company puts it, "just do it". Read up on
multithreading and synchronization, work out the file IO, then run
several threads in parallel.
If you have a more specific question, feel free to ask.
Regards,
Michiel

Leon Lambert

Not sure you will find any except to say avoid it. Multple threads who
can all access a single file gets real messy with syncronization, file
locking, and dead lock issues. It is far better to design a simple
worker class that manages the data storage then have other threads deal
with that object with things like queued requests. This will prevent
corruption of the file because only a single object in a single thread
can access it.

Sorry i have no specific reference to how to attempt this strategy but
hopefully you get the idea.

Leon Lambert