multiview and validators

paul

I have a simple test page which uses 2 views within a multiview.

In each view there is a textbox with a requiredfield validator.

When I click a button the validator fires for the view I'm on -
however if in the OnClick event of the button I check the validator on
the other view using the (Validators collection) it returns true - even
though it validate as false!

Surely this is a .net bug?

I know if I move the validators out of the views then they will work as
expected but then they won't be next to the controls they are supposed
to be validating and the user won't get any visual feedback (apart from
the validationsummary message). Also this is not practical as the
validators are generated as part of a composite control and are
automatically placed next to the control to be validated

swin