must be missing something simple...

luca passani

....I am sure I'll feel stupid when I hear what I got wrong:

Ssolittle.java

import java.util.regex.*;

public class Ssolittle {

private void parsePage(String html) {

Pattern p;

p = Pattern.compile("aaa");
Matcher m = p.matcher (html);

C:\SSO\servlet>java -version
java version "1.4.2_01"
Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.4.2_01-b06)

C:\SSO\servlet>javac Ssolittle.java
Ssolittle.java:2: Package java.util.regex not found in import.
import java.util.regex.*;
^
1 error

C:\SSO\servlet>

What am I doing wrong? all others java.util.* libs work OK

thanks

luca

luca passani

Got it. It was actually a Java gothca.

In spite of the fact that I had installed the 1.4.2 JDK,
windoes kept invoking the old javac compiler...

thanks

luca