    necessary, since java.exe gets installed under C:\Windows, but I
    wanted to be sure.

    Thanks.
    Joe, Feb 7, 2004

  2. Joe wrote:
    > Hi. I've written a Java app that's about ready to distribute. I want
    > to make sure that users can run it without too much hassle -- after
    > installing the JRE on their machines.

    If aim is 'use with no hassle', think 'java web start'..

    --
    Andrew Thompson
    Andrew Thompson, Feb 7, 2004

  3. Joe,

    As long as you install just the JRE, you don't need to modify the PATH
    variable in a Windows box. This is true for windows located in c:\winnt
    and c:\windows (ie, Win2k, WinXP and also Win98).

    Maybe you should just verify that the PATH variable includes the Windows
    directory, but most probably you will find that the Windows directory
    is already there.

    Erich

    Erich Reimberg N., Feb 12, 2004