MVC and business layer?

Guest

I read in one place saying the code behind/particial class of the page is the
controller of MVC. And the BLL layer and DAL layer are the Model of MVC.

However, in the commercial starter kit video, the speaker mentioned the
BusinessLogic is the controller.

What's the more proper definition?

Guest

BTW, I found in one sample app which just put BLL code in the app_code of
asp.net folder, all BLL classes are based on an abstract class. The abstract
class uses HttpContext.Current.Cache and Application, etc. It seems it makes
BLL depended on the concrete technology used by view (Asp.Net). And it seems
not easy to seperated it to an independant class lib project.

Any design issue for the app?