    AREA 17
    -
    Antoine de Saint-Exup=E9ry

    Luis Lavena, Jan 30, 2009

  2. Luis Lavena

    Roger Pack Guest

    Luis Lavena wrote:
    > Hello Everybody,
    >
    > I'm looking into RubyForge and the gem specification for any reference
    > of authors to get in touch.

    http://tomcopeland.blogs.com/juniordeveloper/2009/01/who-owns-what-rubygem-on-rubyforge.html
    might help
    also if I'm not mistaken there's a separate mysql windows gem maintainer
    versus the mysql gem maintainer. I have never had any luck getting in
    touch with any of them [or the mysql developer (Tomita Masahiro)
    either].

    I asked "Roderick van Domburg" about it once.
    His reply:
    I am no longer maintaining the MySQL driver for Windows. The version
    that is
    distributed through RubyGems has a project page at
    http://rubyforge.org/projects/mysql-win that lists Kevin Williams as
    maintainer.

    That's as far as I got. Let me know if you're able to get through to
    anybody.
    Cheers!
    -=r

    Roger Pack, Jan 30, 2009

  3. Luis Lavena

    Alex 2k8 Guest

    Hello, Luis

    I have been playing with mysql-ruby-2.8 compilation last few days, and
    whould be glad to contribute to your subproject.

    - Alex

    Alex 2k8, Jan 31, 2009
  4. Luis Lavena

    Roger Pack Guest

    > I have been playing with mysql-ruby-2.8 compilation last few days, and
    > whould be glad to contribute to your subproject.
    >
    > - Alex

    That's a great idea. If either of you would like contribute your
    patches also to mysqlplus [which a few people have contributed to when
    they couldn't reach the real maintainers] that would be swell, too [for
    either]. Mohammed would probably even add you as commitors if you
    asked. Pull requests are also ok.

    mysqlplus is a fork of the Masahiro's mysql C library. But it's a
    little more maintained [1.9 compat, has more thread_nonblocking regions
    for 1.9] and also has added asynchronous call, but it's essentially the
    same.

    One thing that might be nice would be figure out if it's possible to
    distribute windows binaries that work with both mysql 5.0 and 5.1.
    Currently there are no windows binary distros from it.

    repository:
    http://github.com/oldmoe/mysqlplus/tree/master
    mailing list:
    http://groups.google.com/group/never-block?hl=en