n-tier application in Python

Kornl

Hello, does anyone has any experience in developing n-tier applications in
python? If yes would you like to share your experience? What turn out good
and bad??
In your experience, how is a python server capable of handling various
simultaneous connections in the context of a n-tier application?
I'd also like to ask how is the state of database access and XML libraries
on python?

Thomas Weholt

I'm currently developing a Web-application server using a 2-tier design; an
application layer and a data-layer. I've also seperated design and logic
using simpleTal for html templates. It's still pre-alpha so I haven't
stress-tested it properly yet and can't say anything about performance. It's
built upon Twisted and use MySQL or SQLite for storage.

I'm also interested in other n-tier applications so any information somebody
might have would be of interest.

In general, python has *very* good XML-support and in my experience very
good database access support as well.

Regards,
Thomas

Ed Leafe

Hello, does anyone has any experience in developing n-tier
applications in
python? If yes would you like to share your experience? What turn out
good
and bad??

I have taken my experience with n-tier application development and
used it to develop a 3-tier framework for Python application
development. The project is called Dabo, and is currently in early
alpha release. There are several working examples available to
download, so that you can get a feel for what apps written in Dabo
might be like. Check it out at the second URL in my sig.

We currently use wxPython for the UI, and MySQL for the backend, but
plans are to support a wide range of UIs and databases, with the
middle-tier logic remaining intact.

___/
/
__/