    simultaneous connections in the context of a n-tier application?
    I'd also like to ask how is the state of database access and XML libraries
    on python?
    Kornl, May 19, 2004

  2. I'm currently developing a Web-application server using a 2-tier design; an
    application layer and a data-layer. I've also seperated design and logic
    using simpleTal for html templates. It's still pre-alpha so I haven't
    stress-tested it properly yet and can't say anything about performance. It's
    built upon Twisted and use MySQL or SQLite for storage.

    I'm also interested in other n-tier applications so any information somebody
    might have would be of interest.

    In general, python has *very* good XML-support and in my experience very
    good database access support as well.

    Regards,
    Thomas

    Thomas Weholt, May 19, 2004

  3. Kornl

    Ed Leafe Guest

    On May 19, 2004, at 12:50 PM, Kornl wrote:

    > Hello, does anyone has any experience in developing n-tier
    > applications in
    > python? If yes would you like to share your experience? What turn out
    > good
    > and bad??

    I have taken my experience with n-tier application development and
    used it to develop a 3-tier framework for Python application
    development. The project is called Dabo, and is currently in early
    alpha release. There are several working examples available to
    download, so that you can get a feel for what apps written in Dabo
    might be like. Check it out at the second URL in my sig.

    We currently use wxPython for the UI, and MySQL for the backend, but
    plans are to support a wide range of UIs and databases, with the
    middle-tier logic remaining intact.

    ___/
    /
    __/