namespace

Discussion in 'XML' started by Carmen Sei, Mar 23, 2008.

  1. Carmen Sei

    Carmen Sei Guest

    the follows defined -
    xmlns:xsd
    xmlns:sql

    namespace, does that means we are only using XSD tags + SQL tags?
    Other tags are invalid?

    Will XML editor like XMLSpy actually goes to the URL and get the tag
    list of each namespace??

    Since when I use the XML editor, it automatically give me hint for the
    tags / attribute to type.

    Does the tag list stores in the schema located on the web??

    ================

    xmlns:sql="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:mapping-schema">

    <xsd:element name="station" sql:relation="stations" >
    <xsd:complexType>

    <xsd:sequence>
    <xsd:element name="callSign" type="xsd:string" />
    <xsd:element name="name" type="xsd:string" />
    <xsd:element name="affiliate" type="xsd:string" />
    </xsd:sequence>
    <xsd:attribute name="id" type="xsd:integer" />
    </xsd:complexType>
    </xsd:element>

    <xsd:element name="map" sql:relation="lineups" >
    <xsd:complexType>
    <xsd:attribute name="station" type="xsd:integer" />
    <xsd:attribute name="channel" type="xsd:integer" />
    <xsd:attribute name="from" type="xsd:string"
    sql:field="fromdate" />
    </xsd:complexType>
    </xsd:element>

    </xsd:schema>

    Carmen Sei, Mar 23, 2008

  2. Carmen Sei

    Peter Flynn Guest

    Carmen Sei wrote:
    > the follows defined -
    > xmlns:xsd
    > xmlns:sql
    >
    > namespace, does that means we are only using XSD tags + SQL tags?
    > Other tags are invalid?

    No, namespaces are just labels.

    > Will XML editor like XMLSpy actually goes to the URL and get the tag
    > list of each namespace??

    No. That would have been useful but impracticable.

    > Since when I use the XML editor, it automatically give me hint for the
    > tags / attribute to type.

    Yes, that's what an XML editor is for.

    > Does the tag list stores in the schema located on the web??

    Yes. That's what a Schema is for.

    ///Peter
    --
    XML FAQ: http://xml.silmaril.ie/