Nappy Clog Month.........

Discussion in 'Python' started by Fuzzyman, Feb 9, 2004.

  1. Fuzzyman

    Fuzzyman Guest

    Nappy clog month... no, not the usual USENET abuse - it's an anagram
    of comp.lang.python......

    http://www.voidspace.org.uk/atlantibots/nanagram.html

    An anagram finder with Tkinter front end in less than 20k of python -
    yep another great way to avoid working...
    mix up the names of friends and colleagues, great fun.

    Did you know that George W Bush is an anagram of 'whose bugger' ?
    Saddam Hussein - 'disused shaman'
    Neil Gaiman - 'lain enigma'.....
    Tony Blair - 'rainy blot'.....
    Mother Theresa - 'earths theorem'....

    I'm particularly proud of this as it is my first working python
    program,
    is very fast and neat with a lovely user interface - let's you set the
    minimum number of letters in the output (to prune the results),
    specify anagrams containing a particular word... save the resutls
    etc.....

    This is version 1.1 (some of you have seen 1.0) - you can now load new
    dictionaries (I've included a couple of smaller ones which make
    Nangram
    zip-along even faster and made some much bigger ones available for
    download as well) and I've improved the speed again....

    There's also an online CGI version at :

    http://www.voidspace.xennos.com/nanagram-CGI.html

    although it needs a little work - at teh moment it won't output any
    results until the script has finished executing - this is probably the
    fault of the server... but I'm sure it's possible to change this
    behaviour - but I've only seen examples in Perl :-(

    Ta
    Fuzzyman
    ( fuzzyman AT atlantibots DOT org DOT uk )

    Fuzzyman, Feb 9, 2004