native hotshot stats module

Floris Bruynooghe

As part of my Google Summer of Code project I have developed a hstats
module. It reads a file with profile data saved by hotshot and displays
statistics of it after sorting it. The current interface is very basic in
the philosophy of You Arent Gonna Need It[1]. So my question here is:
please test it and comment on the missing features and other problems
you'd like to see.

You can just grab the hprof/hstats.py file from CVS[2] and use it right
away. It only depends on the standard library, so just make sure you can
import it. It is (hopefully) sufficiently documented in the docstrings.

From my experience with pystones it is 35% faster in loading the hotshot
data then the hotshot.stats.load() method. So there is actually some
motivation to use this module.

I'm eager to hear your comments.

Floris

[1] http://c2.com/cgi/wiki?YouArentGonnaNeedIt