Navigate Property

Thom Little

I invoke a Webform from a Winform using the Navigate method.The Webform
has two buttons. One button causes a redirect to a .MSI file that causes it
to download. The other button does a redirect to a .ZIP file that causes it
to download.

If I invoke the Webform using Internet Explorer on either of two Windows XP
SP2 machines or a Windows Server 2003 machine I can download either the .MSI
or the .ZIP file.

If I invoke the Webform by using the ActiveX control in the Winform ...
- One Windows XP SP2 machine allows me to download either the .MSI or .ZIP
file.
- One Windows XP SP2 machine allows me to download the .MSI file but not the
..ZIP file
- The Windows Server 2003 machine allows me to download the .ZIP file but
not
the .MSI file

Any ideas on how to get started solving this "feature" would be greatly
appreciated.

Steven Cheng[MSFT]

Hi Thom,

Thanks for your posting. From your description, you have a certain web page
which display two buttons for the user to download a zip file and a msi
file respectively. And you're loading the page in a winform app via
webbrowser activex control and try downloading those files via the two
buttons but found only one of them can be downloaded on some machines, yes?

Are you just simply click the button in the webbrowser control (on your
application's form) or use mshtml interface to invoke the button clicking?
From my local test, I can correctly make such files downloaded from the
embeded webbrowser control. Also, I think you can have a look at the
webbrowser control's "Silent" property to see whether it is under silent
mode, I've found a former thread on the similiar problem which is caused by
this.

In addition, since this is likely a enviroment specific problem, I think
you can also have a check in the IE's settings to see whether there're any
difference on those problem machine with those work well.

Thanks.

Regards,

Steven Cheng
Microsoft Online Support