navigation question

taik

The index page to my site uses a slow acting javascript drop down menu. When
a user drops down a menu , selects a link and then uses the back button or
"Home" link to return to the original page, I don't want the page to
refresh, leaving the navigation menu as it was after the user clicked.
Possible? or is frames the answer?

kaeli

The index page to my site uses a slow acting javascript drop down menu. When
a user drops down a menu , selects a link and then uses the back button or
"Home" link to return to the original page, I don't want the page to
refresh, leaving the navigation menu as it was after the user clicked.
Possible? or is frames the answer?

Why?

I know as a user, that would confuse the hell out of me.

Frames are almost never the answer to anything. Not only do they mess
things up when the user tries to refresh, search engines have a hard
time indexing your site, users who come in through engines don't get the
frameset, etc, etc.
Don't use frames unless you're willing to take the time to code around
the problems, and even then, you might want to not use them anyway.