Need a (GUI) table with drag&drop feature

Discussion in 'Java' started by Erik H., Nov 26, 2003.

  1. Erik H.

    Erik H. Guest

    Hello!

    I just had a look at JTable class from the Swing library but
    that is not what I'm looking for.
    What I want to do is to press the mouse button on a table cell
    and than drag the content - a text or a graphic - to another
    cell where I release the mouse button and the content is dropped to
    that cell.
    At the end that is very similar to what some chess games can do:
    you click on a chess piece and move it to a new field on the chess board.
    [it is only 'very similar' because I originally want to drag&drop small texts)

    The problem is that your everyday spreadsheet table only marks a selection
    of multiple columns and rows when you try to drag&drop operation like
    described above.

    Do you know any (free to use) class library that supports such a
    drag&drop 'table'?

    Thankx,
    Erik

    Erik H., Nov 26, 2003

    David Postill, Nov 26, 2003

  3. Erik H.

    Erik H. Guest

    David Postill <> wrote in message news:<>...

    > It can be done with a jtable. Outline code is here:
    >
    > " Question - How do you drag and drop one row in a JTable to another... How do you drag and drop one
    > row in a JTable to
    > another location in the JTable."
    > <http://www.jguru.com/faq/view.jsp?EID=409515>
    >
    > The is also a GNU licence libary at
    > <http://www.hgmp.mrc.ac.uk/Software/EMBOSS/Jemboss/> that supports this
    > <http://www.hgmp.mrc.ac.uk/Software/EMBOSS/Jemboss/api/org/emboss/jemboss/gui/DragJTable.html>
    >
    > There is another on sourceforge:
    > <http://swpmail.sourceforge.net/dokumentation/rp/gui/DragTable.html>
    >
    > I'm sure if you use Google you can find plenty more.
    >
    > <davidp />
    >
    > - --
    > David Postill

    Thank You!