Need a (GUI) table with drag&drop feature

Erik H.

Hello!

I just had a look at JTable class from the Swing library but
that is not what I'm looking for.
What I want to do is to press the mouse button on a table cell
and than drag the content - a text or a graphic - to another
cell where I release the mouse button and the content is dropped to
that cell.
At the end that is very similar to what some chess games can do:
you click on a chess piece and move it to a new field on the chess board.
[it is only 'very similar' because I originally want to drag&drop small texts)

The problem is that your everyday spreadsheet table only marks a selection
of multiple columns and rows when you try to drag&drop operation like
described above.

Do you know any (free to use) class library that supports such a
drag&drop 'table'?

Thankx,
Erik

David Postill

Erik H.

David Postill said:
It can be done with a jtable. Outline code is here:

" Question - How do you drag and drop one row in a JTable to another... How do you drag and drop one
row in a JTable to
another location in the JTable."
<http://www.jguru.com/faq/view.jsp?EID=409515>

The is also a GNU licence libary at
<http://www.hgmp.mrc.ac.uk/Software/EMBOSS/Jemboss/> that supports this
<http://www.hgmp.mrc.ac.uk/Software/EMBOSS/Jemboss/api/org/emboss/jemboss/gui/DragJTable.html>

There is another on sourceforge:
<http://swpmail.sourceforge.net/dokumentation/rp/gui/DragTable.html>

I'm sure if you use Google you can find plenty more.

<davidp />

- --
David Postill

Thank You!