need a help to create XML node with text and sub child.

erbrmn

Hi folks

I need a help to create XML node with text and sub child.

I want to create "ADDR" node with text and child node.
(First child node and then text.)

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
- <ROOT>
- <NODE>
<child-1 attr="attr-value">This is child text</child-1>
- <ADDR>
<postcode>12345</postcode>
Address information
</ADDR>
</NODE>
</ROOT>

I can create "ADDR" node with text and child node. But first text and
then child node.
I can not change the location of text and child node of "ADDR" node.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
- <ROOT>
- <NODE>
<child-1 attr="attr-value">This is child text</child-1>
- <ADDR>
Address information
<postcode>12345</postcode>
</ADDR>
</NODE>
</ROOT>

This is code which I did (ASP)

Set xmlDoc = Server.CreateObject("Microsoft.XMLDOM")

If (xmlDoc.childNodes.length = 0) Then

Set objProcInstr = xmlDoc.createProcessingInstruction("xml",
"version=""1.0"" encoding=""UTF-8""")
xmlDoc.appendChild objProcInstr

Set root = xmlDoc.createNode("element", "ROOT", "")
xmlDoc.appendChild(root)

Set node = xmlDoc.createNode("element", "NODE", "")
xmlDoc.documentElement.appendChild(node)

Set child = xmlDoc.createNode("element", "child-1", "")
Set objAttr = xmlDoc.createAttribute("attr")
child.setAttribute "attr","attr-value"
child.text = "This is child text"
node.appendChild(child)

Set child = xmlDoc.createNode("element", "ADDR", "")
node.appendChild(child)
Set sub_child = xmlDoc.createNode("element", "postcode", "")
sub_child.Text = "12345"
child.Text = "Address information"
child.appendChild(sub_child)

End If

xmlDoc.save (Server.Mappath("newxml.xml"))

-----------------------

Martin Honnen

I want to create "ADDR" node with text and child node.
(First child node and then text.)

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
- <ROOT>
- <NODE>
<child-1 attr="attr-value">This is child text</child-1>
- <ADDR>
<postcode>12345</postcode>
Address information
</ADDR>

Set addr = xmlDoc.createElement("ADDR")
Set postcode = xmlDoc.createElement("postcode")
postcode.text = "12345"
addr.appendChild postcode
addr.appendChild xmlDoc.createTextNode("Address information")

Note that your XML is poorly structured, mixed contents of an ADDR
element with a child element and a child text node is not a good
structure, you might want to use a second child element instead of the
text node.