need a help

Kevin Spencer

Check your user name and password being passed in the Connection String, and
make sure that SQL Server Authentication is being used on the SQL Server and
in your code.

--
HTH,

Kevin Spencer
Microsoft MVP
..Net Developer
http://www.takempis.com
Complex things are made up of
lots of simple things.

Hamza Al Ali

Hi,

I am new at ASP.NET, and I need some help from you.

I am started with a first example got it from MSDN related to the
Studio.NET, I am going through the example step by step.

The example is easy and simple which is about how to display data from
database (Pubs) on web page using dataset (SQL Server 7). actually i know
the username but i do not the password of it, so i created a new login
(username: "pupuser", password: "pupuser") for the database and i used it
in the example.

But when i make run for the application I got the following error message:
Login failed for user 'pupuser'.

Exception Details: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Login failed for user
'pupuser'.

Source Error:

Line 3:
Line 4: Public Sub FillDataSet(ByVal dSet As MyDataSet)
Line 5: SqlDataAdapter1.Fill(dSet)
Line 6: End Sub
Line 7: #Region " Component Designer generated code "

Source File: c:\inetpub\wwwroot\MyWebForm\Component1.vb Line: 5

Stack Trace:

[SqlException: Login failed for user 'pupuser'.]
System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.Open() +761
System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.QuietOpen(IDbConnection connection,
ConnectionState& originalState) +44
System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.Fill(Object data, Int32 startRecord,
Int32 maxRecords, String srcTable, IDbCommand command, CommandBehavior
behavior) +98
System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.Fill(DataSet dataSet, Int32 startRecord,
Int32 maxRecords, String srcTable, IDbCommand command, CommandBehavior
behavior) +77
System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.Fill(DataSet dataSet) +38
MyWebForm.Component1.FillDataSet(MyDataSet dSet) in
c:\inetpub\wwwroot\MyWebForm\Component1.vb:5
MyWebForm.WebForm1.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) in
c:\inetpub\wwwroot\MyWebForm\WebForm1.aspx.vb:33

Hamza Al Ali

I did, and I tried to connect to the same database with the same username
and password by asp code and it was connect successfuly without
errors.????????