Need a KDE app, where to find a coder?

Dotan Cohen

I need an application, and I'd like it to be written in Python with QT
as I am a KDE user. I simply don't have the time to code it myself, as
I've been trying to find the time for half a year now.

What are some reputable websites for finding Python coders? If anyone
on the list wants the job, this is what I need:

I need a hierarchical list manager, similar to ListPro
(http://www.iliumsoft.com/site/lp/listpro.htm) which is the app that
I'm replacing. Specifically, I need the checkmark (boolen), item
(string), date, amount (int/100), and notes fields. As KDE is moving
to QT4 in December (with the release of KDE4) it would be best if the
app were coded with this in mind. As the application is for my own
personal use, I will try to maintain it with the little python that I
know, but I may need help along the way.

Thanks in advance.

Dotan Cohen

Diez B. Roggisch

Dotan said:
I need an application, and I'd like it to be written in Python with QT
as I am a KDE user. I simply don't have the time to code it myself, as
I've been trying to find the time for half a year now.

What are some reputable websites for finding Python coders? If anyone
on the list wants the job, this is what I need:

I need a hierarchical list manager, similar to ListPro
(http://www.iliumsoft.com/site/lp/listpro.htm) which is the app that
I'm replacing. Specifically, I need the checkmark (boolen), item
(string), date, amount (int/100), and notes fields. As KDE is moving
to QT4 in December (with the release of KDE4) it would be best if the
app were coded with this in mind. As the application is for my own
personal use, I will try to maintain it with the little python that I
know, but I may need help along the way.

There are a few places to ask - like guru.com.

But you most probably will have to make a financial offer.

Apart from that - do you know basket? It's integrated into kontact, and
maybe does what you want.

Diez

Dotan Cohen

There are a few places to ask - like guru.com.

But you most probably will have to make a financial offer.

Apart from that - do you know basket? It's integrated into kontact, and
maybe does what you want.

Diez

Thanks, I will look at guru.com. I have tried Basket, and found that
it is very difficult for me to use. It seems to cater to those who
find presentation more important that data structure. It does have
checkmark functions, but it is impossible to use in an efficient
manner.

Dotan Cohen

http://what-is-what.com
http://gibberish.co.il