Need a look in Safari

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Jeff, Jan 30, 2008.

  1. Jeff

    Jeff Guest

    Jeff, Jan 30, 2008

  2. Jeff wrote:

    > I need a look in Safari about whether this bit of javascript works.
    > Just highlight some text in the textarea and see if it pops an alert
    > with the selected text.
    >
    > http://websiterepairguru.com/test_moz_selection.html

    It works in Safari 3.0.1 for Windows (W2K), the only version I have
    available. I do notice something you probably don't want: after closing
    the alert dialog, clicking anywhere else on the page (even in a blank
    area), the alert dialog comes back with the same selected text.

    --
    -bts
    -Friends don't let friends drive Vista

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Jan 30, 2008

  3. Jeff

    Jeff Guest

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
    > Jeff wrote:
    >
    >> I need a look in Safari about whether this bit of javascript works.
    >> Just highlight some text in the textarea and see if it pops an alert
    >> with the selected text.
    >>
    >> http://websiterepairguru.com/test_moz_selection.html

    > It works in Safari 3.0.1 for Windows (W2K), the only version I have
    > available. I do notice something you probably don't want: after closing
    > the alert dialog, clicking anywhere else on the page (even in a blank
    > area), the alert dialog comes back with the same selected text.

    Thanks a million!

    Jeff

    Jeff, Jan 30, 2008
  4. Jeff

    dorayme Guest

    In article
    <2g1oj.517972$>,
    "Beauregard T. Shagnasty" <> wrote:

    > Jeff wrote:
    >
    > > I need a look in Safari about whether this bit of javascript works.
    > > Just highlight some text in the textarea and see if it pops an alert
    > > with the selected text.
    > >
    > > http://websiterepairguru.com/test_moz_selection.html

    > It works in Safari 3.0.1 for Windows (W2K), the only version I have
    > available. I do notice something you probably don't want: after closing
    > the alert dialog, clicking anywhere else on the page (even in a blank
    > area), the alert dialog comes back with the same selected text.

    And same for both points in Safari 2.04 on a Mac.

    --
    dorayme

    dorayme, Jan 30, 2008
  5. Blinky the Shark, Jan 31, 2008