    that is compatible with IE6 but not previous versions of Internet Explorer.
    Does anyone have any practical advice for writing an ASP app that you want
    to be compatible with IE5 and IE55?

    michaaal, Jul 15, 2003

  2. michaaal

    Ray at Guest

    Hopefully it's an actual computer in there that I could reformat and install
    my own OS on and decide. :]
    http://www.samsung.com/Products/Ref...Refrigerator_HomePADRefrigerator_RH2777AT.htm

    Ray at home

    Ray at, Jul 15, 2003

  3. michaaal

    Jeff Cochran Guest

    The Samsungs run Windows XP for Tablets. Ray wasn't actually being
    facetious here... :)

    Hint: It's really a tablet PC docked on the refrigerator door, the
    only thing the fridg provides is a power connection to recharge the
    battery.

    Jeff

    On Mon, 14 Jul 2003 19:07:31 -0700, "MDW" <> wrote:

    >Ray,
    >
    >What version of JavaScript do most kitchen appliances
    >support?

    ===================================
    Jeff Cochran (IIS MVP)
    - Munged of Course

    I don't get much time to respond to direct email,
    so posts here will have a better chance of getting
    an answer. Besides, everyone benefits here.

    Suggested resources:
    http://www.iisfaq.com/
    http://www.iisanswers.com/
    http://www.iistoolshed.com/
    http://securityadmin.info/
    http://www.aspfaq.com/
    http://support.microsoft.com/
    ====================================

    Jeff Cochran, Jul 15, 2003
  4. michaaal

    MDW Guest

    A) You know, there are SOME places where I don't need to
    worry about checking my e-mail. The kitchen is one of them.

    B) I'll bet that Mr. Coffee appliances w/ computers in
    them will have any programs written in Java.

    *hides*

    erator/Refrigerator_HomePADRefrigerator_RH2777AT.htm

    MDW, Jul 15, 2003
  5. michaaal

    Ray at Guest

    Wow, that is really good to know. Thanks a lot Jeff. I'm only 10%
    considering the purchase of one. It's made so that you can control your
    climate control system, your microwave, washer, dryer, etc., which is kinda
    neat I guess, but I don't think I want a first generation product. Besides,
    what am I going to need to remotely control a washing machine for, when I'll
    have to physically visit it to move clothing in and out of it. And to
    control my microwave that's like 10 feet away would just be silly. :] Why
    I'd really want something like this is that my girlfriend grew up in a house
    that always had a TV in the kitchen. I didn't. I don't like that. But,
    there will be one in our new kitchen. I figure the fridge would be a nice
    compromise.

    Ray at home

    Ray at, Jul 16, 2003
  6. michaaal

    Ray at Guest

    But, you're forgetting the biggest advantage to having a computer on the
    network in the kitchen:

    net send fridge BRING ME A BEER AT ONCE!

    Ray at home

    Ray at, Jul 16, 2003
  7. michaaal

    Jeff Cochran Guest

    I thought that's why men got married. :)

    Ooops. Wife was in the room, gotta go get flowers, bye...

    Jeff

    ===================================

    Jeff Cochran, Jul 16, 2003
  8. michaaal

    Dave Guest

    Well, since computers are taking over the world of automation; Fido will
    soon find himself out of a job. Slipper and newspaper fetching will become
    obsolete. I'll bet that Fido will also have to rely upon Scooter Computer
    for a walk around the block. Sad, so sad. :)

    Dave

    "Ray at <%=sLocation%>" <7yasdf.com> wrote in
    message news:#...

    Dave, Jul 16, 2003
  9. michaaal

    Ray at Guest