Need help extending stl list.

Brian O'Brien

I have an stl list that grows to be too huge to maintain effectivly in
memory.
There are elements within the list that could be stored on disk until
accessed.

However I don't want to expose this to the application class.

How can I extent the stl list to write some elements to disk when they
are put in the list
and read them from disk when they are read from the list.

All the list methods need to still work like iterators and sort
methods....

TIA.
B.