Need help for a simple program

Joined
Dec 10, 2008
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
I have no idea about how to fix this problem. Is there anyone can give me some help? Please have a look at the following code, and then tell me what is the problem. It could be deep copy and shallow copy problem but I am not sure.

It is not a hard thing but I have lost most of my memory for C++ ...so I really need help for this issue. It will be appreciated that anyone can tell why I cannot get the size of the children, in the second level of the nodes.

I have been tortured by this prob for days.

Thanks

Code:
#include <iostream>
#include <string>
#include <set>
#include <vector>
#include <map>
#include <utility>

using std::cout;
using std::endl;
using std::vector;
using std::string;
using std::map;
using std::set;
using std::pair;
using std::make_pair;

class Test {

public:
  map<string, Test> children;
  string name;
  // constructor
  Test();
  Test(const Test& node);
  void insert();
};

Test::Test(){
    name = "testing";
}

Test::Test(const Test& node) {
    children = node.children;
    name = node.name;
}

void Test::insert() {
    Test node;
    Test node2;
    Test node3;
    name = "Rico";
    string name = "piggie";
    string childName1="car";
    string childName2="house";
    children.insert(make_pair(name,node));
    node.children.insert(make_pair(childName1,node2));
    node.children.insert(make_pair(childName2,node3));
}

int main(int argc, const char* argv[]){
    Test rico;
    rico.insert();
    cout << rico.name << endl;
    cout << rico.children.size() << endl;
    string piggie_str = "piggie";
    if(rico.children.find(piggie_str) != rico.children.end()){
        map<string,Test>::const_iterator iter = rico.children.find(piggie_str);
        Test tempNode = (Test)iter->second;
        cout << "child name:" << iter->first << endl;
        cout << "child's children size:" << tempNode.children.size() << endl;