Need help in getting My Yahoo! pages to recognize an updated RSS/XML file

Dennis M

I'm trying to get My Yahoo! to recognize that my XML feed has been updated.
I first put up an XML feed for my site about 6 months ago, and My Yahoo!
was recognizing my updates for about the first three months but they don't
anymore. All it says now is "No updates in the past 3 days" when in fact I
update this file twice weekly. I've written to My Yahoo! about this, and
they referred me to this help page on their site:

http://publisher.yahoo.com/rss_guide/help.php#refresh

I tried to implement their "XML-RPC interface" in the code of my XML feed,
but I get a parsing error on "line 18, char 3" of the file when I do this.

My (rather primitive) XML feed is at http://www.superseventies.com/feed.xml
and if anyone could advise me on how I can get this to work properly with
My Yahoo! I'd appreciate it.

Thanks in advance.

--
_--_ "Been dazed and confused,
/ `--''> ,,, for so long it's not true"
| / I I |||||||||[:::]
\ oo ,-._> ''' Super Seventies RockSite!
`--' http://www.superseventies.com/

Andy Dingley

I'm trying to get My Yahoo! to recognize that my XML feed has been updated.

Try adding the pubDate, lastBuildDate and ttl elements. These will
suggest to aggregators that your feed does change.
I've written to My Yahoo! about this,

Yahoo are pretty clueless, particularly about RSS.

Dennis M

Andy Dingley said:
Try adding the pubDate, lastBuildDate and ttl elements. These will
suggest to aggregators that your feed does change.

Thanks for the response Andy, I'll do that immediately.