    Thanks,
    Raja

    , Dec 19, 2005

  2. writes:
    > I want to understand how to access above 4GB memory using PAE
    > mechanism. I need some sample code which helps me to understand
    >
    > 1. How to enable PAE
    > 2. How to setup page table for accessing above 4GB
    > 3. How to read and write the memory more than 4GB.
    >
    > Any help is greatly appreciated. Even some reference books also very
    > much helpful.

    I don't know what PAE is. Whatever it is, it's almost certainly
    off-topic here. Standard C has no mechanisms for setting up page
    tables. You'll need to ask in a newsgroup that's specific to whatever
    system you're using.

    Keith Thompson, Dec 19, 2005

  3. Flash Gordon Guest

    wrote:
    > Hi All,
    >
    > I want to understand how to access above 4GB memory using PAE
    > mechanism. I need some sample code which helps me to understand

    <snip>

    C has no knowledge of the PAE mechanism. As far as C is concerned you
    just declare variables and use malloc and friends and everything works
    until you run out of memory. If you need to do anything beyond this then
    you have left the realms of C and need to ask in a grou dedicated to
    your system.
    --
    Flash Gordon
    Living in interesting times.

    Flash Gordon, Dec 19, 2005
  4. In article <>,
    <> wrote:
    >Hi All,
    >
    > I want to understand how to access above 4GB memory using PAE
    >mechanism. I need some sample code which helps me to understand
    >
    >1. How to enable PAE
    >2. How to setup page table for accessing above 4GB
    >3. How to read and write the memory more than 4GB.
    >
    >Any help is greatly appreciated. Even some reference books also very
    >much helpful.

    Not portable. Can't discuss it here. Blah, blah, blah.

    Kenny McCormack, Dec 19, 2005
  5. Randy Howard Guest

    wrote
    (in article
    <>):

    > Hi All,
    >
    > I want to understand how to access above 4GB memory using PAE
    > mechanism. I need some sample code which helps me to understand
    >
    > 1. How to enable PAE
    > 2. How to setup page table for accessing above 4GB
    > 3. How to read and write the memory more than 4GB.
    >
    > Any help is greatly appreciated. Even some reference books also very
    > much helpful.

    This is off-topic for this newsgroup, but if you are using
    Windows, there are windows-specific system programming
    newsgroups for developers that should be helpful. You may find
    that googling for PAE and AWE will be helpful for Windows
    however.

    Don't respond or ask followup questions here though, such
    processor and platform-specific questions are off-topic.

    --
    Randy Howard (2reply remove FOOBAR)

    Randy Howard, Dec 19, 2005