Need help on Refreshing grid after deleting a record

Discussion in '.NET' started by mldardy, Oct 4, 2010.

1. mldardy

mldardy

I have a dropwdown where I select a name from the dropdown list. This populates a grid view with that record. Once I select that record it will populate a form with textboxes of info for that record. There is a delete button in that form and when I click the delete button I want it to refresh the grid with that record removed from the grid. so it shows a blank grid or the grid minus that record. Does anyone know how to do this. Is this something handled in the code behind? Here is my code for the delete button on the design page:

Code:
    <asp:button id="deleteButton" CommandName="Delete"    
                        style="background-image:url('Images/Button.gif'); text-align:center;background-color:Transparent; cursor:hand; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:left; padding-left:15px;"    
                        Runat="server" Height="25px" BorderStyle=None  ForeColor=White   Text="Delete"    
                        Width="99px" CssClass="style3" onclientclick="return confirm('Are you surely want to delete this record?');"  />
    and I have used a databind to the grid on the page load and delete button event and neither has worked like this:

Code:
    Protected Sub Page_Load(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Me.Load

If Page.IsPostBack = False Then 

GridView1.DataBind()

End If 

End Sub
    Code:
    Protected Sub deleteButton_Click(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs)   

GridView1.DataBind()   

End Sub 
    mldardy, Oct 4, 2010
    1. Advertising