Need Help Regarding System.Security.Permissions.FileIOPermission

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Security' started by Usman Ghani, Apr 17, 2006.

  1. Usman Ghani

    Usman Ghani Guest

    Hi,
    I am trying to develop an activex control with the .Net by exposing an
    interface to the com as described in the following article.
    http://www.c-sharpcorner.com/Upload...rticleID=99d9681d-84de-4d64-9c85-9ae9c15a4ee7.
    This works fine for the simple control which is mentioned in the article.Now
    I have to read some files on the client machine through this activex.When I
    tried to read a file,I got the following error

    "Request for the permission of type
    System.Security.Permissions.FileIOPermission, mscorlib, Version=2.0.0.0,
    Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089 failed."

    I have googled about it,but could n't find some clear solution.
    Can someone help me to get rid of this problem

    Thanks,

    Usman Ghani

    Usman Ghani, Apr 17, 2006