need help to place my gem in proper location

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by Mohammad Khan, Jan 9, 2006.

  1. Hello Group,

    I have place my gem file at:
    http://rubyforge.org/projects/ruby-agi/

    I thought, placeing any gem file in rubyforge would allow to execute
    gem install <project-name>

    I must missing something, otherwise I won't see this:

    [root@localhost ~]# gem install ruby-agi
    Attempting local installation of 'ruby-agi'
    Local gem file not found: ruby-agi*.gem
    Attempting remote installation of 'ruby-agi'
    ERROR: While executing gem ... (Gem::GemNotFoundException)
    Could not find ruby-agi (> 0) in the repository
    [root@localhost ~]#

    I will truely appreciate your kind help.

    Thanks,
    Mohammad

    Mohammad Khan, Jan 9, 2006

  2. Mohammad Khan

    Tom Copeland Guest

    On Tue, 2006-01-10 at 02:37 +0900, Mohammad Khan wrote:
    > Hello Group,
    >
    > I have place my gem file at:
    > http://rubyforge.org/projects/ruby-agi/
    >
    > I thought, placeing any gem file in rubyforge would allow to execute
    > gem install <project-name>
    >
    > I must missing something, otherwise I won't see this:
    >
    > [root@localhost ~]# gem install ruby-agi
    > Attempting local installation of 'ruby-agi'
    > Local gem file not found: ruby-agi*.gem
    > Attempting remote installation of 'ruby-agi'
    > Updating Gem source index for: http://gems.rubyforge.org
    > ERROR: While executing gem ... (Gem::GemNotFoundException)
    > Could not find ruby-agi (> 0) in the repository
    > [root@localhost ~]#
    >
    > I will truely appreciate your kind help.

    Hi Mohammad -

    Hm, I think you're hitting this problem:

    http://blade.nagaokaut.ac.jp/cgi-bin/scat.rb/ruby/ruby-talk/161508

    Yours,

    Tom

    Tom Copeland, Jan 9, 2006

  3. would rubyforge server be happy with the package build with ruby-1.8.4?

    Mohammad Khan, Jan 10, 2006
  4. Mohammad Khan

    Tom Copeland Guest

    On Tue, 2006-01-10 at 11:46 +0900, Mohammad Khan wrote:
    > would rubyforge server be happy with the package build with ruby-1.8.4?

    Hi Mohammad -

    Hm, I think so... although I haven't tried it... but yes, I think that
    bug was fixed with 1.8.4.

    Yours,

    Tom

    Tom Copeland, Jan 10, 2006