Need Help Using list items as output table names in MsACCESS

Discussion in 'Python' started by Cathy James, Mar 28, 2012.

  1. Cathy James

    Cathy James Guest

    Dear Python folks,
    I need your help on using list items as output table names in
    MsACCESS-new to Python- simple would be better:

    import arcpy, os
    outSpace = "c:\\data\\Info_Database.mdb\\"
    arcpy.overwriteOutput = True
    SQL = "Database Connections\\SDE_ReadOnly.sde\\"

    inFcList = [(SDE + "sde.GIS.Parcel"),
    (SDE + "sde.GIS.Residence"),
    (SDE + "sde.GIS.Park"),
    (SDE + "sde.GIS.Field"),
    (SDE + "sde.GIS.Business"),
    (SDE + "sde.GIS.Facility"),
    (SDE + "sde.GIS.Tertiary"),
    (SDE + "sde.GIS.KiddieClub")]

    #I'd like to crete output tables in the MDB whose names correspond to
    input names such that
    #"sde.GIS.Parcel" becomes "sde.GIS.Parcel_Buffer_500"
    for fc in inFcList:
    arcpy.overwriteOutput = True
    arcpy.Buffer_analysis(fc,(outSpace+fc+"_Buffer_500"), "500 Feet",
    "FULL", "ROUND", "ALL", "")
    print Finished
    #Thanks in advance
    Cathy James, Mar 28, 2012