    maybe just an HTML table (server or client side) with text boxes and
    labels with javascript to colapse the rows. Can anyone point me in the
    right direction? Thanks!
    Kristen, Aug 14, 2006

  2. Kristen

    HeavyMetal Guest

    The solution I came up with was to use a repeater to create the grid
    format, with Link Buttons to expand/collapse all or individual rows. On
    an expand, i captured the Repeaters ItemCommand event and reloaded the
    Repeater data and set a private variable holding a key for the specific
    child data needed. Finally, on the Repeater's ItemDataBound, i load the
    repeater and the child data into a GridView. I also keep track of which
    rows were previously expanded and collapsed.

    I am also using Atlas so the page does not "blink" with the postback
    for the expansion or collapse.

    If you need more specific info, let me know. Good Luck.

    HeavyMetal, Aug 14, 2006