Need help with datalist and repeater

comic_rage

Hi,

I am new with asp.net. I worked mostly with windows application
(battleship grey apps) GUIs, event handlers, etc..

I never done any web development, but I am eager to learn. I want to
build a site for listing my dvds (hobby) with datalist and repeaters
like the msdn site:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/msdnmag/issues/01/12/asp/

I purchased alot of asp.net books, but they stink. They don't go step
by step on how to build a list of items like dvd with the coves,
description, and a select button from a database.

Do anyone know a great site to help a newbie like me get started on
asp.net web development to list dvd movie covers with infos like

release data, actors names, cover pic, thumbnails etc
maybe list about 10 covers per page

Any help is greatly appreciated,

Thanks for your time,

comicrage