need help with Firefox CSS conflicts...

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Seldom Asked, Mar 10, 2005.

  1. Seldom Asked

    Seldom Asked Guest

    Hello,

    I'm designing a site map page with a long list of links.

    I've designed some javascript to control the mouseover events of the "box"
    that contains the links.
    In IE6, it works quite well, but in firefox it's a disaster.

    In IE6, each link is in its own seperate box, but in Firefox all the boxes
    are squished upward so they overlap the one above them, giving a stacked
    deck of cards effect. great if you're playing poker, but lousy for looks on
    a page.

    If anyone could give me any pointers on refining css/js for Firefox
    compatibility, I"d be much obliged!

    I'll paste my code for the "link boxes" and also for the class governing the
    link, below. thanks for any replies..

    ============ BEGIN LINK CODE ==============

    url(../images/bkg1.jpg); cursor: pointer"
    onMouseOver="this.style.backgroundImage = 'url(../images/bkg2.jpg)'"
    onMouseOut="this.style.backgroundImage = 'url(../images/bkg3.jpg)'"
    onClick="window.location='../page1.htm'">Plcase Click Here...</a><br>

    .... repeated 20 or so times... </p>

    =========== END LINK CODE =================

    CSS for "link3" class:

    ..link3 {
    font-family: Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif;
    font-size: 14px;
    font-weight: bolder;
    text-decoration: none;
    height: 20px;
    width: 90%;
    padding-left: 20px;
    border: 1px solid #E0FEFB;
    padding-top: 5px;
    padding-right: 5px;
    margin: 2px;
    padding-bottom: 5px; }

    Seldom Asked, Mar 10, 2005

  2. Seldom Asked

    Mark Parnell Guest

    http://css.maxdesign.com.au/listamatic/

    > I've designed some javascript to control the mouseover events of the "box"
    > that contains the links.

    Why not use CSS? You're just changing the background image on hover.

    > In IE6, it works quite well, but in firefox it's a disaster.

    Chances are Firefox is correct, and IE is wrong.

    > If anyone could give me any pointers on refining css/js for Firefox
    > compatibility, I"d be much obliged!

    Validate your HTML and CSS. Beyond that: URL?

    --
    Mark Parnell
    http://www.clarkecomputers.com.au

    Mark Parnell, Mar 10, 2005