Need help with froogle and cart id prob

dave

Hi folks,

I'm using a variation of Selena Sol's web_store.cgi as my online shop (or
trying to, that is).
I'm currently trying to put a product page on Froogle.
Froogle requires that the url from the Froogle results list, to the vendor
site, be directly to the product page and not to any category page or other
page before the product page.
My problem is that a cart id doesn't get created unless the shopper starts
at the storefront page, or at least at the category page.
So how would I modify the product page so that when the "buy this item"
button is clicked, a cart id is created and passed to the checkout page?
Any and all help will be really appreciated.

David Bryson

AD

Dave said:
"My problem is that a cart id doesn't get created unless the shopper
starts
at the storefront page, or at least at the category page."

I think this is not a good design. If a customer is directed to your
product from another website, he should be able to add that item to
cart from that page itself and checkout. If you expect customers to go
back to your main page, then it won't work. You'll lose customers.

BTW, there is no Perl question in your post. The least you could do is
put some sample code through which clpm users could have tried out the
problem you were facing.

HTH,
AD

dave

Thanks ever so much for the response(s).
I'll post more tonite after work.
It's not that I want to get customers to go back to my main page - Froogle
returns my site in the search answers listing (leastways I hope so) - the
customer can click on a desired item and proceed to the check-out. But
there's no unique ID because that happens on a previous page.
But I gotta run.
David

dave

Sorry Abigail, I plead ignorance and hey, what can I say, I need help.
And this being the season of good will and all...
David