    software. Please contact me if you would like to be involved. Thanks.
    Rita Turner

    , Feb 28, 2008

  2. inquisitive Guest

    On Feb 29, 2:06 am, wrote:
    > Hi: I am sending this on behalf of my friend. She has been trying to
    > get a speech therapy package functioning as a fully installable
    > freeware/shareware. She has a functioning version 1 which was
    > originally built using VB6. It uses Microsoft Speech SDK. What I would
    > like to know is that would it be easier to build it in Java. Requires
    > text to speech functionality. This is being built for Stroke victim
    > rehabilitation. It is quite rewarding since there is a demand for such
    > software. Please contact me if you would like to be involved. Thanks.
    > Rita Turner

    Hi
    I am not sure if it would be easier to build in java ...
    but yes if built on java you get the "write once run anywhere"
    advantage
    came accross Java Speech API ... never used them though
    http://java.sun.com/products/java-media/speech/
    http://java.sun.com/products/java-media/speech/forDevelopers/jsapifaq.html

    a project
    http://freetts.sourceforge.net/docs/index.php