Need help with speech therapy package

ritaturner2

Hi: I am sending this on behalf of my friend. She has been trying to
get a speech therapy package functioning as a fully installable
freeware/shareware. She has a functioning version 1 which was
originally built using VB6. It uses Microsoft Speech SDK. What I would
like to know is that would it be easier to build it in Java. Requires
text to speech functionality. This is being built for Stroke victim
rehabilitation. It is quite rewarding since there is a demand for such
software. Please contact me if you would like to be involved. Thanks.
Rita Turner

inquisitive

Hi: I am sending this on behalf of my friend. She has been trying to
get a speech therapy package functioning as a fully installable
freeware/shareware. She has a functioning version 1 which was
originally built using VB6. It uses Microsoft Speech SDK. What I would
like to know is that would it be easier to build it in Java. Requires
text to speech functionality. This is being built for Stroke victim
rehabilitation. It is quite rewarding since there is a demand for such
software. Please contact me if you would like to be involved. Thanks.
Rita Turner

Hi
I am not sure if it would be easier to build in java ...
but yes if built on java you get the "write once run anywhere"
advantage
came accross Java Speech API ... never used them though
http://java.sun.com/products/java-media/speech/
http://java.sun.com/products/java-media/speech/forDevelopers/jsapifaq.html

a project
http://freetts.sourceforge.net/docs/index.php