Need help with Style conversion from Style object to Style key/value collection.

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Building Controls' started by Ken Varn, Apr 26, 2004.

  1. Ken Varn

    Ken Varn Guest

    I am writing a custom control that derives from the DataGrid control. I
    would like to apply SelectedItemStyles and ItemStyles for use in my derived
    code to sub-controls that my extension creates.

    The problem I am having is that I need to extract all of the Styles from the
    SelectedItemStyles and apply them to the WebControl.Style collection, but
    the two seem incompatible. The WebControl.Style object is a collection of
    key/value pairs, whereas the SelectedItemStyles is of type TableItemStyle
    (derived from Style type). There seems to be no way to convert a Style
    object to a collection of key/value pairs for placing into a
    WebControl.Style property. Is there some piece of the puzzle that I am
    missing here? Please help.

    --
    Ken Varn

    EmailID = varnk