    How are PDF and Word files read (or streamed) into the WebBrowser control or, better yet, how do I cause the WebBrowser control to launch the correct plugin?

    Note: There are no files to open or navigate to. The only input is from a string object.

    Thanks!

    Roy, Jul 7, 2004

  2. Roy

    Wardeaux Guest

    Roy,
    I've not streamed from a string, I've only streamed PDF using
    Response.BinaryWrite(mybyte()) but I believe the key is to set the content
    type using Response.ContentType = "application/pdf" for PDF file and
    Response.ContentType = "application/doc" for the Word file. I believe that
    will launch the desired app/plugin.

    Hope this helps!
    wardeaux

    "Roy" <> wrote in message
    > I have vb.net application that needs to read a string object whose data is

    formated into PDF, Word and HTML. I've been successful reading the HTML
    stream into the WebBrowser control.

    Wardeaux, Jul 7, 2004