    C:/OpenSA/perl/lib/DynaLoader.pm line 229.

    The path and file are correct and do exist. Can someone help me figure
    out why it will not load the library. TIA.

    gw1500se, Jul 2, 2003

  2. gw1500se

    Sisyphus Guest

    "gw1500se" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > I need some help with a problem running Win32::GuiTest and Indigo
    > perl. I installed the package using IPM and there were no errors.
    > However, the statement "use Win32::GuiTest;" get the following error:
    >
    > Can't load 'C:/OpenSA/perl/site/lib/auto/Win32/GuiTest/GuiTest.dll'
    > for module Win32::GuiTest: load_file:One of the library files needed
    > to run this application cannot be found at
    > C:/OpenSA/perl/lib/DynaLoader.pm line 229.
    >
    > The path and file are correct and do exist. Can someone help me figure
    > out why it will not load the library. TIA.

    The dll is being found ok but there's apparently some problem with that dll
    that prevents it from loading.

    You could also get the same error if GUITest.dll tried to load some other
    "problem" dll. But I don't think GUITest.dll looks for any other dll.

    Could it be that you've installed a 5.6 version of Win32::GUITest on perl
    5.8 (or vice-versa) ?
    I'm not sure that would produce the error you get .... but it's all I can
    think of :)

    Cheers,
    Rob

    Sisyphus, Jul 3, 2003

  3. gw1500se

    gw1500se Guest

    On Thu, 3 Jul 2003 14:02:13 +1000, "Sisyphus" <>
    wrote:

    >A dll built for perl 5.6 will not work on perl 5.8 and vice-versa.
    >
    >I had a quick look at the website and couldn't find anything. I expect you
    >would have some documentation (somewhere in the download) about this.
    >ActiveState has separate repositories for perl 5.6 and perl 5.8 pre-compiled
    >packages. I imagine IndigoStar does the same. The webpage I went to
    >mentioned 'repositories' (plural). Perhaps your IPM is configured to access
    >the wrong repository.
    >'ipm help' should at least show you how to find out which repository has
    >been set ..... and hopefully you can find some documentation that will tell
    >you which repository *ought* to be set.

    Thanks again for the reply. The repository is set for 5.8.

    >I can't think of any quick sure-fire method of determining whether you have,
    >in fact, installed a 5.6 package ...... but it's starting to sound more and
    >more likely :)

    I have to agree but then it also could be wishful thinking. If it is
    not then there is little hope of getting it to work and I don't what
    to hit a deadend.

    >We don't get many Indigo perl questions here. Does the website have a
    >mailing list for Indigo-specific matters ?

    Not that I can find but I have asked the Indigo support folks if they
    know of a forum. I don't kniow how responsive they are. I also wrote
    to the author of GuiTest but got no reply.

    gw1500se, Jul 3, 2003
  4. gw1500se

    Sisyphus Guest

    "gw1500se" <> wrote in message

    > I have to agree but then it also could be wishful thinking. If it is
    > not then there is little hope of getting it to work and I don't what
    > to hit a deadend.

    As a workaround solution go to:
    http://ppm.activestate.com/PPMPackages/zips/8xx-builds-only/Windows/

    and download Win32-GuiTest.zip.

    Inside there's a 'Win32-GuiTest.tar.gz' that contains the files you want.
    Just replace your existing '.pm' and '.dll' files with the ones it contains.
    If you do this by extracting them, make sure you *don't* preserve the packed
    directory structure or they'll end up in the wrong place. Might be best to
    simply extract to a temp location then manually copy them across.

    That will give you version 1.14. Hope that's satisfactory. Copy the other
    files across, too, if you like .... though it shouldn't be necessary.

    This should work at least as well as your current installation
    :)

    Also see if you can install *any* modules that contain a dll and have them
    work properly. It might help get to the source of your trouble.

    Cheers,
    Rob

    Sisyphus, Jul 3, 2003
  5. gw1500se

    gw1500se Guest

    On Thu, 3 Jul 2003 15:05:52 +1000, "Sisyphus" <>
    wrote:

    >As a workaround solution go to:
    >http://ppm.activestate.com/PPMPackages/zips/8xx-builds-only/Windows/
    >
    >and download Win32-GuiTest.zip.
    >
    >Inside there's a 'Win32-GuiTest.tar.gz' that contains the files you want.
    >Just replace your existing '.pm' and '.dll' files with the ones it contains.
    >If you do this by extracting them, make sure you *don't* preserve the packed
    >directory structure or they'll end up in the wrong place. Might be best to
    >simply extract to a temp location then manually copy them across.

    Thanks. I tried it and it looks like we make it to the next layer of
    the onion.

    >That will give you version 1.14. Hope that's satisfactory. Copy the other
    >files across, too, if you like .... though it shouldn't be necessary.

    I only copied the pm and dll files.

    >This should work at least as well as your current installation
    >:)

    Or at least it fails different. I no longer get the error on the "use"
    statement. Now I get an error on the "FindWindowLike" statement. Here
    is what I tried as a test:

    @windows=FindWindowLike(0;"*","*");

    This results in the error:

    Quantifier follows nothing in regex; marked by <-- HERE in m/* <--
    HERE / at C:/OpenSA/perl/site/lib/Win32/GuiTest.pm line 570.

    I also tried other expressions in the call but got the same error.

    >Also see if you can install *any* modules that contain a dll and have them
    >work properly. It might help get to the source of your trouble.

    Actually the first module I installed was MySQL_auth quite some time
    ago. It works fine.

    gw1500se, Jul 3, 2003
  6. gw1500se

    gw1500se Guest

    On Fri, 4 Jul 2003 19:03:37 +1000, "Sisyphus" <>
    wrote:

    >"gw1500se" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> Or at least it fails different. I no longer get the error on the "use"
    >> statement. Now I get an error on the "FindWindowLike" statement. Here
    >> is what I tried as a test:
    >>
    >> @windows=FindWindowLike(0;"*","*");
    >>

    >Could that simply be a case of incorrect coding ?
    >Perhaps:
    >@windows=FindWindowLike(0,"^*","^*");

    Thanks, that was it. What exactly is the reason for the '^'? In a UNIX
    regular expression that is not necessary.

    gw1500se, Jul 6, 2003