Need help XML to CSV

Joined
May 29, 2023
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Hi,

I need to make an import excel CSV file. I already have it in XML. Is this posssible?

Joined
Mar 31, 2023
Messages
95
Reaction score
8
Yes, it is possible to convert an XML file to a CSV file, which can be opened in Excel. You can follow these general steps to accomplish this task:

  1. Parse the XML file: Use an XML parsing library or tool to extract data from the XML file. The specific method will depend on the programming language you are using. The parsed data will typically be in a structured format, such as a dictionary or a list of objects.
  2. Transform the data: Once you have the parsed data, you need to transform it into a tabular format suitable for CSV. This involves arranging the data into rows and columns. Identify the relevant elements and attributes from the XML and map them to the corresponding columns in the CSV file.
  3. Write to CSV file: Use a CSV library or built-in CSV functions in your programming language to write the transformed data to a CSV file. Make sure to handle any necessary formatting, such as quoting fields or escaping special characters.
  4. Open CSV in Excel: After creating the CSV file, you can open it in Excel by simply double-clicking on the file. Excel will automatically recognize the comma-separated values and display them in columns.
Note that the specific implementation details will vary depending on the programming language you are using.