NEED HELP!!!

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Jay, Jul 15, 2003.

  1. Jay

    Jay Guest

    I have an application that needs to send a confirmation email upon a
    completed order. I am using the smptmail obj of .net and can send email to
    my companies internal addresses. However, my exchange server (set as the
    smart host of my applications smtp server), won't relay to external
    addresses. I know the send command is working because of the success of
    sending to internal addresses, but I'm trying to figure out what the deal is
    with the external forwarding...

    Dim oMail As New System.Web.Mail.MailMessage()

    oMail.To = SendTo

    oMail.From = ""

    oMail.BodyFormat = Mail.MailFormat.Text

    oMail.Body = strBody

    oMail.Attachments.Add(New System.Web.Mail.MailAttachment(strPath,
    MailEncoding.Base64))

    SmtpMail.SmtpServer = ConfigurationSettings.AppSettings.Item("EmailServer")

    SmtpMail.Send(oMail)

    SmtpMail.SmtpServer is set to my exchange server.
    --
    I have also set the smart host of the local smtp server to the exchange
    server.

    Any help would be hugely appreciated.

    Jay Hammett MCSE, MCP + I
    President
    Fusion Computers
    email:
    web: www.fusion-computers.com

    Jay, Jul 15, 2003

  2. Jay

    Marina Guest

    This sounds like a problem with your SMTP server. You have to set it to
    allow sending to external addresses. This isn't a .NET issue.

    Marina, Jul 15, 2003

  3. Jay

    Jay Guest

    Thanks. However I probably didn't give enough info. We're using Exchange
    2000 and I was able to send smtp messages using the cdonts objects with a
    traditional asp page. I'll look at my smtp server and the exchange box in
    the mean time though.

    Jay, Jul 15, 2003
  4. Jay

    dave wanta Guest

    If you are using cdonts, its actually sending the email through your
    local machine's smtp service.

    To duplicate this, either leave the SmtpMail.SmtpSever property empty
    or set it equal to "127.0.0.1".

    hth,
    Dave
    www.aspNetEmail.com