    I'm not an HTML guru, so I would need it simple and I"m only interested in
    having a one on one conversation with one person at a time.

    Thanks for any suggestions or books which explain this.

    don, Dec 23, 2009

  2. don wrote:

    > I was wondering if there is some standaard code out there which would
    > allow me to have a simple chat box on my www site so that anyone
    > viewing my website could start chatting with me.
    > I'm not an HTML guru, so I would need it simple

    What did Google turn up? Here's the first link for: java chat box
    http://java.chatster.org/javamaker.html

    > and I"m only interested in having a one on one conversation with one
    > person at a time.

    Don't know if that's possible. Why not just use IM?

    --
    -bts

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Dec 23, 2009

  3. don

    richard Guest

    On Wed, 23 Dec 2009 17:51:19 -0500, Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:

    > don wrote:
    >
    >> I was wondering if there is some standaard code out there which would
    >> allow me to have a simple chat box on my www site so that anyone
    >> viewing my website could start chatting with me.
    >> I'm not an HTML guru, so I would need it simple

    > What did Google turn up? Here's the first link for: java chat box
    > http://java.chatster.org/javamaker.html
    >
    >> and I"m only interested in having a one on one conversation with one
    >> person at a time.

    > Don't know if that's possible. Why not just use IM?

    where you been beau? lost on a desert island for 20 years?
    All kinds of one on one chat scripts available. I have used them on
    numerous websites as a customer and depending on the host, damn quick.
    Beats doing email.

    richard, Dec 24, 2009
  4. don

    Greg Russell Guest

    In news:1nff2hmp44ool$,
    richard <> typed:

    >>> and I"m only interested in having a one on one conversation with one
    >>> person at a time.

    >> Don't know if that's possible. Why not just use IM?

    > where you been beau? lost on a desert island for 20 years?
    > All kinds of one on one chat scripts available. I have used them on
    > numerous websites as a customer and depending on the host, damn quick.

    Only when there's someone on the other end ... the OP hasn't indicated that
    anyone will be at any given time.

    Greg Russell, Dec 24, 2009
  5. don

    rf Guest

    "richard" <> wrote in message
    > On Wed, 23 Dec 2009 17:51:19 -0500, Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
    >
    >> don wrote:
    >>
    >>> I was wondering if there is some standaard code out there which would
    >>> allow me to have a simple chat box on my www site so that anyone
    >>> viewing my website could start chatting with me.
    >>> I'm not an HTML guru, so I would need it simple

    >> What did Google turn up? Here's the first link for: java chat box
    >> http://java.chatster.org/javamaker.html
    >>
    >>> and I"m only interested in having a one on one conversation with one
    >>> person at a time.

    >> Don't know if that's possible. Why not just use IM?

    > where you been beau? lost on a desert island for 20 years?
    > All kinds of one on one chat scripts available.

    HTML chat boxes? I don't think so. PHP or Perl or Java perhaps, but not
    HTML.

    OP: Skype will do this.

    rf, Dec 24, 2009
  6. don

    Andy Guest

    "don" <> wrote in message
    >I was wondering if there is some standaard code out there which would allow
    >me to have a simple chat box on my www site so that
    > anyone viewing my website could start chatting with me.
    >
    > I'm not an HTML guru, so I would need it simple and I"m only interested
    > in having a one on one conversation with one person at a time.
    >
    > Thanks for any suggestions or books which explain this.

    Hi Don,

    I use a free system called phponline...

    http://www.dayanahost.com/phponline.cfm

    ....which uses php, mysql and flash.

    Andy

    Andy, Dec 24, 2009
  7. don

    don Guest

    "Andy" <> wrote in message

    > I use a free system called phponline...
    >
    > http://www.dayanahost.com/phponline.cfm
    >

    > ...which uses php, mysql and flash.

    Thanks this looks great, many people were just telling me about free chat
    servers which I could link to my website BUT thats not
    what I wanted.

    don, Dec 24, 2009