    Any help?

    Thanks

    -- Alex
    Alex Zorin, Aug 23, 2004

  2. Alex Zorin

    Alex Hunsley Guest

    Alex Zorin wrote:

    > Hey
    >
    > I am in horrible need of a Image Object (or file) to text converter and
    > compressor. My images and purely black and white, about 300width by 100
    > height, and well, frankly, quality does not matter.
    >
    > I have looked for libs, but can't find any.
    >
    > I have seen other people try crappy compression methods, but I'm needing
    > a max 50 char end text result...
    >
    > Any help?
    >
    > Thanks

    If you're not going to use compression, 50 chars (assuming 7 bit ascii) gives
    you 350 bits, that is a black and white image of 35 by 10 pixels or somethign
    similar.
    You can't fit an awful lot in 50 chars.

    What is 'crappy' about other peoples compression methods? why were they not useful?

    Is this homework? What is the aimed use of this idea?

    alex
    Alex Hunsley, Aug 23, 2004

  3. Alex Zorin

    Paul Lutus Guest

    Alex Zorin wrote:

    > Hey
    >
    > I am in horrible need of a Image Object (or file) to text converter and
    > compressor. My images and purely black and white, about 300width by 100
    > height, and well, frankly, quality does not matter.

    Then create a null file. Please say which level of quality is required.
    "Quality does not matter" has no meaning.

    > I have looked for libs, but can't find any.
    >
    > I have seen other people try crappy compression methods,

    Provide the details.

    > but I'm needing a
    > max 50 char end text result...

    So long as you realize that compression is not magic. Compression relies
    entirely on exploiting repeating patterns in the original data. No
    patterns, no compression.

    --
    Paul Lutus
    http://www.arachnoid.com
    Paul Lutus, Aug 23, 2004
  4. Alex Zorin

    Liz Guest

    "Paul Lutus" <> wrote in message
    > Alex Zorin wrote:
    >
    > > Hey
    > >
    > > I am in horrible need of a Image Object (or file) to text converter and
    > > compressor. My images and purely black and white, about 300width by 100
    > > height, and well, frankly, quality does not matter.

    I am confused by your conversion to 'text'? Images are numbers.

    Liz, Aug 23, 2004