need modal

proximus

hello
i need some modal dialog box to show when page is loaded
any sugestion?

not 'onclik'

thanks

Lasse Reichstein Nielsen

proximus said:
i need some modal dialog box to show when page is loaded
any sugestion?

not 'onclik'

That should satisfy the requirements you have specified.

/L

timothytoe

hello
i need some modal dialog box to show when page is loaded
any sugestion?

not 'onclik'

thanks

--www.proximus-os.hr;www.e-stranica.com;www.zlatovezi.com

There are many examples of modal dialogs around the net. Google
"javascript modal" for some. People go for these, usually, because
they have a certain look in mind. For example, it's popular to darken
the screen behind the dialog nowadays. And many people don't want to
use alert(), because it make some users think that something dreadful
has gone wrong.

But the advantage of the standard alert is that it "looks right." That
is, it looks like it belongs to the browser and the operating system.
Many sites have custom dialogs that never look quite right (for
example, styles that get Windows XP about 90% right, but look
completely wrong in Vista, or on the Mac or Linux). I'd look for one
that completely lacks window chrome.

And by the way, why would you want to display anything special when a
page has loaded? Browsers do a pretty good job of communicating when
that has happened, with cues that people are well accustomed to. Do
you have a special situation on your hands?

David Mark

jes thanks
but my knowlege of english is small, and knowlege of JS even smaller
that's examples activated od click, I need on load...
Why?

when page loads to show 'dialog'
thanks

--www.proximus-os.hr;www.e-stranica.com;www.zlatovezi.com

So in the example, instead of attaching the code that shows the
"modal" element as a click listener, call it directly. The sample
initialization isn't run on load per se, but as soon as the document
is finished parsing.

If this makes no sense to you, I would advise against using the code.
You should really know the basics of scripting before dropping third-
party scripts into your page. IIRC, your original choice of scripts
makes it a little simpler for the uninitiated, but penalizes you 100K
for the privilege of using it.

proximus

jes thanks
but my knowlege of english is small, and knowlege of JS even smaller
that's examples activated od click, I need on load...

Why?

when visitor enter on one specific page - seen it and exit it.
i need to chatch their interest to continue to surf on my page...

So in the example, instead of attaching the code that shows the
"modal" element as a click listener, call it directly. The sample
initialization isn't run on load per se, but as soon as the document
is finished parsing.

that ok.

IIRC, your original choice of scripts
makes it a little simpler for the uninitiated, but penalizes you 100K
for the privilege of using it.

i am sorry - but i do not understad what do you meening?

David Mark

    > jes thanks
    > but my knowlege of english is small, and knowlege of JS even smaller
    > that's examples activated od click, I need on load...

    Why?

when visitor enter on one specific page - seen it and exit it.
i need to chatch their interest to continue to surf on my page...

You are more likely to irritate them with unsolicited popups (in-page
or not.)
    So in the example, instead of attaching the code that shows the
    "modal" element as a click listener, call it directly.  The sample
    initialization isn't run on load per se, but as soon as the document
    is finished parsing.

that ok.

Post back if you can't figure it out. I'd hate to see you end up
using Lightbox.
    IIRC, your original choice of scripts
    makes it a little simpler for the uninitiated, but penalizes you 100K
    for the privilege of using it.

i am sorry - but i do not understad what do you meening?

The Lightbox script might be able to do what you want without
requiring that you write or modify any script. But I don't recommend
it at all as it is too large and uses Prototype.

proximus

You are more likely to irritate them with unsolicited popups (in-page
or not.)

anyway they left.... this way i know that he/she saw my 'ad'!

i will test your 'showcase'....

timothytoe

You are more likely to irritate them with unsolicited popups (in-page
or not.)

anyway they left.... this way i know that he/she saw my 'ad'!

i will test your 'showcase'....

--www.proximus-os.hr;www.e-stranica.com;www.zlatovezi.com

Are you trying to get them to see your ad, or just to click on it for
money?

I think you should consider another way of drawing attention to your
content. A modal dialog is a hammer. It scares people. I think it'll
backfire if it's not expected.

It's one thing if they clicked on something to get your dialog. It's
another if they are penalized by your modal dialog as a result of
visiting. I really think people won't like that.