Need simple help on KML (Google version of XML)

Discussion in 'XML' started by RC, Oct 4, 2007.

  1. RC

    RC Guest

    I tried to test a simple version KML file shows below:

    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <kml xmlns="http://earth.google.com/kml/2.1">
    <Placemark>
    <name>17DB665E</name>
    <description>USGS01,GJT,CO,LAKE FORK AT GATEVIEW</description>
    <Point>
    <coordinates>-107.229,38.2989,0 </coordinates>
    </Point>
    <name>3230101C</name>
    <description>DAFS00,PUB,CO,BLACK MOUNTAIN RAWS NEAR GARDNER
    8NW</description>
    <Point>
    <coordinates>-105.284,37.8617,0 </coordinates>
    </Point>
    </Placemark>
    </kml>

    Then I loaded that file from Google Earth.
    Some how it only display the last mark (2nd point), the first mark
    (point) is never display. Can somebody teach me how to display
    multiple points in KML file (if you know more KMl than I am).

    Thank Q very much!
    RC, Oct 4, 2007

  2. Just a thought: If you want advice on a Google-defined language, the
    best folks to ask would be Google or a Google user's group.

    But at a wild and unsupported guess, I would suspect that each mark's
    description has to be within its own <Placemark> element.

    Joseph Kesselman, Oct 4, 2007

  3. RC

    Andreas M. Guest

    Andreas M., Oct 5, 2007