need some help

Mike

I'm running XP pro with SP2 now, and using .NET. I can no longer debug my
code since SP2 was installed. I removed SP2 and i still can't run my debug.
I'm also running Web Developer Studio 2005 with .NET 2.0 but i was able to
debug even that that installed on my pc. It stopped when I installed SP2.

I can debug in Web Developer Studio 2005 just fine. I keep getting the
error:

Error while trying to run project: Unable to start debugging on the web
server

I'm running everything locally, my developing machine is the web server so
I'm not trying to debug remotely.
could it be because i have .NET 1.1 and version 2.0 on my box? I can i have
..NET 2003 use .NET 2.0 verison of the framework if that is the issue?

any help or suggestions is apprecaited.

Guest

hi Mike,
go to properties of the webapplication select asp.net and select dotnet
framework1.1 in the advanced tab. This should solve the problem.
HTH
srini

Steven Cheng[MSFT]

Hi Mike,

In addition to srini's suggestions, regardless the XP2, we can check the
following items when we meet such asp.net debugging issue:

1. Please make sure that you are a member of Debugger users group and
administration group.

2. If you have Microsoft Security Toolkit or other related tools installed,
please
make sure that you did not hit the following known issue:

PRB: Security Toolkit Breaks ASP.NET Debugging in VS .NET
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;Q310588

3. Since the ASP.NET application runs under the NT account ASPNET, please
make sure
that the ASPNET account has the Read, Read&Execute, and List Folder
Contents NTFS
permissions on the web directory.

In addtion , I've found a former issue in the newsgroup which is resolved
by downloaded the XP sp2 FROM the following address and reinstall it
http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/downloads/updates/sp/

Hope helps. If you have any other questions or any new findings, please
feel free to post here. Thanks.

Regards,

Steven Cheng
Microsoft Online Support