Need some info on const char **

DSF

Are you sure you are not invoking the compiler in C++ mode? If it is in C
mode and (as you report elsewhere) your get no messages from the highest
warning level, you could report a bug to the authors. What is the
compiler?

Yes. I'm sure it's in C mode.

All I need to do to report the problem is to hitch a ride in a
Passing Gallifreyan's TARDIS back to 1995! :eek:)
Of course if they fix the problem, they we never would have had this
conversation and I wouldn't need to go back in time. Which means the
problem wouldn't be fixed and... Damn paradoxes!

The compiler I use is Borland C/C++ 5.02. It's old, but has served
me well so far. After 5.02, Borland went into the RAD business and
I've found MS's development tools to be counter-intuitive to me.

DSF