Need Step by Step guide for setting up IIS 6 for ASP

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by =?Utf-8?B?Qm9va2VyVw==?=, Jan 12, 2006.

  1. Can someone point me in the right direction.

    =?Utf-8?B?Qm9va2VyVw==?=, Jan 12, 2006

  2. =?Utf-8?B?Qm9va2VyVw==?=

    Shawn Guest

    Shawn, Jan 12, 2006

  3. Shawn,

    This may be the answer, however i wanted to make sure there was not anything
    special i needed to do to setup for asp code. I copied over some asp files
    into a directory(gt). I set that directory as a virtual directory off of the
    root website(alias gt). When i go to access the site, i get the following
    error:

    Server Error in '/gt' Application.

    Runtime Error
    error settings for this application prevent the details of the application
    error from being viewed remotely (for security reasons). It could, however,
    be viewed by browsers running on the local server machine.

    Details: To enable the details of this specific error message to be viewable
    on remote machines, please create a <customErrors> tag within a "web.config"
    configuration file located in the root directory of the current web
    application. This <customErrors> tag should then have its "mode" attribute
    set to "Off".

    <!-- Web.Config Configuration File -->

    <configuration>
    <system.web>
    <customErrors mode="Off"/>
    </system.web>
    </configuration>

    Notes: The current error page you are seeing can be replaced by a custom
    error page by modifying the "defaultRedirect" attribute of the application's
    <customErrors> configuration tag to point to a custom error page URL.

    <!-- Web.Config Configuration File -->

    <configuration>
    <system.web>
    <customErrors mode="RemoteOnly" defaultRedirect="mycustompage.htm"/>
    </system.web>
    </configuration>

    So i am assuming that maybe there is something else i need to do to set up
    iis for asp compatibility

    =?Utf-8?B?Qm9va2VyVw==?=, Jan 12, 2006
  4. Final solution that seemed to work:

    Ok, the quick rundown

    Fixed the ldap references In the code

    Replaced the username and passwords for accounts in our domain (Remember
    this code came from a separate company)

    Installed Oracle Client software on Server

    Installed Oracle OLE DB connectivity software (ODAC) from Oracle’s website.
    This seemed to resolve the error I got in regards to the Oracle Client not
    being found

    Finally, the account used to access the database did not have the right to
    view specific tables. It could see the list of tables, but not specific
    tables.

    My DBA had to create synonyms for the account used to access the database to
    mimic the account that had ownership of the tables in the database.

    At this point, I can now connect, perform queries on the tables, etc ,etc..

    Wallah, thanks for the journey,

    Thanks for all of your help

    =?Utf-8?B?Qm9va2VyVw==?=, Feb 9, 2006