Need to pass a value from an IFrame to its parent to its parent

Discussion in 'Javascript' started by PKalos@gmail.com, Feb 2, 2006.

  1. Guest

    I'm working with the FCK editor and have replaced the File Server which
    is accessed from the image button with my own.

    When you press 'Browse Server' a popup window opens which contains an
    iframe with thumbnails.

    So we have 3 windows

    1 ) the popup from FCKeditor (img_popup)
    2 ) the popup from img_popup (asset_cntrl)
    3 ) the iframe from asset_cntrl (assets)

    What I'm trying to do is when you click on a thumbnail (in assets) it
    updates a text field in a form in the parent window (asset_cntrl) and
    then when you click submit it sends it back to the form in the
    FCKeditor (img_popup).

    I spent yestarday and this morning googling to find the answer and came
    up with nothing. I cannot get the value passed to the parent from the
    iframe. I'm sure that once I get this working I would just reproduce
    for the next step.

    regards

    , Feb 2, 2006