    from the server to display, much less send a telnet break.

    Any help is appreciated.

    Jim

    Jim Isaacson, Nov 5, 2004

  2. "Jim Isaacson" <> wrote in
    news:3YPid.18141$:

    > I'm looking for some help or a sample of a socket call to talk to a
    > telnet server and send a telnet break from a C program. I've looked at
    > the Stevens book and tried examples of his daytime code but can't seem
    > to get the text from the server to display, much less send a telnet
    > break.
    >
    > Any help is appreciated.

    Since ISO C does not include networking, we can't help you here. I am
    sure, however, that there are newsgroups with 'tcpip' in their names. That
    might be a better place to ask.

    --
    - Mark ->

    Mark A. Odell, Nov 5, 2004

  3. Jim Isaacson

    SM Ryan Guest

    "Jim Isaacson" <> wrote:
    # Hi
    #
    # I'm looking for some help or a sample of a socket call to talk to a telnet
    # server and send a telnet break from a C program. I've looked at the Stevens
    # book and tried examples of his daytime code but can't seem to get the text
    # from the server to display, much less send a telnet break.

    If your real interest is in talking to telnet and not learning socket programming
    in C, then don't use C. You do a telnet client in just a few lines with Perl or
    Tcl or Expect for easier and faster than doing it in C.

    --
    SM Ryan http://www.rawbw.com/~wyrmwif/
    This is one wacky game show.

    SM Ryan, Nov 5, 2004
  4. Jim Isaacson

    Jim Isaacson Guest

    I guess I should have stated I need to add this functionality to an existing
    C program.

    Thanks anyway, I check out the tcpip groups.
    "SM Ryan" <> wrote in
    message news:...

    Jim Isaacson, Nov 5, 2004
  5. Christopher Benson-Manica, Nov 5, 2004
  6. Jim Isaacson

    Default User Guest

    Jim Isaacson wrote:

    > I guess I should have stated I need to add this functionality to an
    > existing C program.

    1. Please don't top-post. Your reply belongs following properly trimmed
    quoted material.

    2. There is no way to accomplish what you want in ISO standard C, the
    topic of this newsgroup. It doesn't matter that you have a C program
    you want to add to.

    You need to find a newsgroup that deals with your particular platform.
    You mention the Stevens book, so likely comp.unix.programmer is a good
    choice.

    Brian

    Default User, Nov 5, 2004