.net 2.0 - unused class variables / methods

Rob Meade

Hi all,

I'm using Visual Studio 2005 and it has as you are probably aware a very
handy feature of reporting to you which variables are not being used - cool
thanks...

What would be even more handy is a way of finding out which of my methods
are being used, and across a whole project. I've entered the horrible
realms of a project going out of control and I've added bits for testing,
and now I'm having to go through the whole project, commenting stuff out,
rebuilding and seeing if it works - I'm sure there's an easy/quicker way...

Anyone know of any tools that can identify which methods are not being used
in a project?

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards

Rob

Rob Meade

Right click on the method and "Find all references"

OMG - LOL! Hi Milosz, thanks for the reply - talk about the answer being
under my own nose...hehe...the amount of times in a day I right click and
choose "goto definition" - lol...never seen that before...

Many thanks - its really useful!

Still be handy to have something that checked the entire project for unused
methods/properties etc....

Rob